Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and e-mail address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information (such as your name, e-mail address, and telephone number), and other personal information (such as your gender and age), and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information).
- Information from other sources. When you access Exfed (including through your computer or mobile device) or open one of our emails, we may automatically record certain information from your system by using different types of tracking technology. This “automatically collected” information may include Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, a unique user ID, versions of software installed, system type, the content and pages that you access on Exfed, and the dates and times that you visit Exfed.
- Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us, such as their name, address and email address.
- Information automatically collected. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our websites, to personalize your online experience, and to record information about your visit to websites. Through the use of a cookie, we and our authorized service providers may automatically collect information about your online activity on websites, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click, or the other actions you conduct while on websites. The cookies do not store any personally identifiable information about you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in advertisements or email messages to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming and other activities.
- Information Collected by Third-Parties. We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, to display other materials on our website, and to deploy technology for your benefit, for example, to load web pages quicker. We and these companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with our website. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties.
How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- Manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- Communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about our products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other companies;
- Enforce our Terms of Service;
- Manage our business and perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial Information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
Other situations. We also may disclose your
information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and None-Personal Information. We may share aggregated information (i.e., information about you and other customers collectively, but not specifically identifiable to you) and other non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Third Party Websites
How you can access your information
If you have an account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account and clicking on your account settings. For assistance, contact email@example.com and we can help you manage your personal information.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to obtain products or services from us.
You will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, or is sent to you on our behalf, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for an opt-out request to be processed. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications such as administrative communication including requests for additional information, services updates or announcements, notices and surveys without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that opting out of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. To guard your information delivered to us electronically, our web sites use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL encrypts your credit card number, name and address so only we are able to decode your information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place such as a library or Internet cafe. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
4876 Oakcrest Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030
Last Updated: Aug 9, 2012